Sunday, June 10, 2012

Painting on a blank canvas

Ok, remember what I said about painting on a blank canvas?

Because, what I normally do for floor plans, is that I would re-draw it but without those walls, except for those which I couldn't get rid off, so that I could work on it as a blank canvas.

After all, why work within the boundaries set by others when you can actually remove them and think out of the "box"?

That is exactly what I have did.

And remember what I said about having a balcony as my main priority? Well, if you have seen in my earlier post about the original floor plan, it clear that that is not going to happen.

But I am not ready to accept that. I am going to create one in the most unique places of an average HDB apartment.

Here is my proposed layout below. Nothing too fanciful but its something that both of us like.

Many some people might come to us, saying how bad it is this way or that or even if its ugly.

But, design is unique in every way, that doesn't really have to appeal to everyone. The most important people that it must be appealing to, are the people who will be using it. And that is us.

Oh just in case if you think this nice and might be interested in borrowing a few ideas here and there for you own use, kindly please provide some referencing credit back to this site would be most appreciated.


No comments: