Monday, June 11, 2012

iD Hunt


Ok, now that that we have a "plan" we need to find someone to help us execute it.

So that, we need to find someone who can connect with us, understand our requirements and most important fit our budget.

With a renovating budget of about 60K, we where hoping that someone could quote us of  around 50K and any variation orders will fall within our range.

However, life as it is, is never expectable.

So, after reading thru Renotalk forum for a very long time, we decided that we will seek out worthy mentioned people who can help us.

And since we already know what we need, plus I am already in the design field, whether its a iD firm or Contractor firm doesn't really matters to us.

But of course if the package comes with a designer, we would be most glad to exchange pointers and make sure what I want doesn't have any issues materializing.

We went to Renotalk website to request ICompare for renovation quotation.
After I click sent and wait! 1 hr later, calls started to flood in. On the day itself, I have received 7 calls. The subsequence 3 days, I have another 3 more calls. 

In total, I have around 10 Renovation contacts who want to arrange a meet up session with us. Instate, we just shortlisted 4 IDs for meet up sessions.

Here are the 4 IDs we have shortlisted:-
1) Ideal Design Interior – Wilson Wee
2) A2Z – Shawn Lee
3) 3D Innovation – Sam Toh is the ID (Benny Tan liaise the appt with me but he is their boss)
4) Sky Creation - Gary

We will touch on our interviews session with them shortly.

9 comments:

admin said...

hi. i happen to come across your blog while searching for an Id..

Sam is currently handling my case but i haven't cfm to use his services.

will u recommend him? hows ur reno after 2 years.. still in good shape?

thanks!

Starting Point said...

Hi,

Thanks for dropping by.

Nope. personally I will not recommend him to anyone I know. Unless that person is my enemy.

nope, toilet door repair like 3 times and recently we replaced it entirely through another vendor ourselves, not event bother about calling him for their so call warranty services. Bear in mind, problems start within months of moving in,

Our Main door also ran into issues and repairs after a year, and only rectify after the 3rd time with some "side effect".

Cracks here and there.

Anyone, don't tell him that u saw these at my blog. We still need to "keep" him for major repairs which we never know when.

Oh, I don't have much regrets in life but sadly this is one of them.

admin said...

hi..

no worries.. everything will stay within this blog here..

i just thought his sales and follow up is quite prompt and seems very experience compared to other IDs we met. with regards to the defects u r facing.. m i to say tat they dont use very good materials and have poor workmanship?

aesthetic wise.. can they deliver to what the 3D drawing shows?

many thanks

admin said...

let me know if i can mail u to discuss in private..

Starting Point said...

Sure. What's your email. Will give you my full review in there.

SSResearch said...

nats7798@gmail.com

appreciate your kind effort...!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Care to share with me on your review on engaging the ID, Sam from 3D? Thanks.

Starting Point said...

Hi,

One of my regrets of my life.

Anonymous said...

I still tot of getting him as ID.. as the way he talked to me seem experience and knowledgeable. Moreover now the company having promotion, I am tempted.. or should I find Id from the same company but not him?